Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Tiny dent on forehead

(19 Posts)
WelshMoth Tue 16-May-17 06:33:12

I noticed a red freckle type mark on my forehead last year - about 7mmx5mm. It's now a 'dent' and slightly bigger. It's right by my hairline. Saw my GP who is famously dismissive and he said it's nothing but it worries me a bit.

FallenSky Tue 16-May-17 06:36:27

Oh wow, I have the exact same thing. 2 of them on both sides of my forehead. Sorry, have no idea what it is but I'm glad someone else has it so I don't feel like a crazy person talking about the dent in my head. Dh just gave me a face like this hmm
Hopefully someone else will know what causes it.

WelshMoth Tue 16-May-17 06:41:45

Just tried to take a pic and it just appears as a red patch - it's next to the freckle.

WelshMoth Tue 16-May-17 06:43:07

Fallen, have you ever burnt in this area? I did, years ago. Bit worried about it tbh. I should have seen a different GP....

FallenSky Tue 16-May-17 08:08:54

I don't remember ever burning it although it's quite possible I have at some point over the years with straighteners or something.

FallenSky Tue 16-May-17 08:09:47

Oh actually I was really badly sunburnt on my forehead last summer. Could be something to do with it?

WelshMoth Tue 16-May-17 17:42:44

Maybe, that's what concerns me.

I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and see a different GP.
You should too.

Comps83 Wed 17-May-17 16:49:02

I have one on my cheek which has been there for years but has started to worry me lately. I'm thinking of having a whole body check as I have a lot of moles etc but I'm scared about opening a giant can of worms.

AlexaAmbidextra Wed 17-May-17 23:05:24

I have exactly the same. Was a tiny red spot, first noticed it six years ago. It's been a dent for the last three or so years. At first I thought basal cell carcinoma but it hasn't changed in any way. I keep an eye on it though.

Comps83 Thu 18-May-17 18:02:42

I've had mine years . But as I always associated skin cancers with moles the thought never crossed my mind until Hugh Jackman brought it into the limelight . Now I'm really worried. I'm sure I can feel a sort of long lump under the skin too. Argh i look at it every time I walk past a mirror. Not sure if I'm imagining it but keep thinking it's more indented than it used to be.
Hate to panic everyone ( including myself) but I think we should maybe all go get them checked out .

WelshMoth Thu 18-May-17 19:31:27

Right. Agreed. Let's do it.
I'm teaching but have half-term coming up. I'll get mine looked at then.

What about you lot?

Comps83 Thu 18-May-17 20:05:56

ASAP let's keep each other updated

WelshMoth Thu 18-May-17 21:38:04

It's a deal. We'll update this thread.
Good luck.

augustusglupe Fri 19-May-17 00:55:16

I had a basal cell years ago which looked like this and became an indent over time. It's the skin cancer Hugh jackman gets a lot.
Its very easily dealt with and not serious, but it needs sorting nevertheless.

WelshMoth Fri 19-May-17 06:36:21

thank you August. You're the final push that I needed - I'm glad you've got it sorted.

Draylon Sat 20-May-17 20:47:44

Welsh, that's not any form of skin cancer. Not a basal cell, or a melanoma.

WelshMoth Tue 23-May-17 16:15:54

Hi Draylon. How can you be sure?
Sorry - only now seeing your post.

Draylon Tue 23-May-17 17:14:51

Because it has no features of malignancy.

By all means go back to your GP!

Footle Wed 24-May-17 07:10:23

Actinic or solar keratosis. Early sign of sun damage which can be treated with prescribed cream such as Efudix. I'm not a doctor, but a fair-skinned older person.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now