Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is this something to worry about? Food in windpipe.

(5 Posts)
warguiltandguile Mon 15-May-17 11:54:10

I had some tuna the other day which was very dry and seemed to get caught in my windpipe. I coughed and had chest pain for a few hours afterwards, and have had odd chesty symptoms since. Today I have a pain quite deep in my chest and my lungs are quite congested.

I don't feel "ill," as in I have no temperature nor feel achy or fatigued, just chest pain and congestion. But this all seems to have been caused by this piece of food.

Is this something to worry about?

BillyBeerMonster Mon 15-May-17 17:01:05

Tbh, i would probably get some medical advice. I believe that if any food or foreign body is actually inhaled into the lungs, it can turn into an infection. Better to be safe than sorry

Floralnomad Mon 15-May-17 17:03:50

Definitely get checked out, you can get pneumonia by aspirating food .

scaredofthecity Mon 15-May-17 17:04:09

I would get checked out too. The medical term is aspiration, the chances are you will be fine but I wouldn't ignore it.

laurzj82 Mon 15-May-17 17:26:31

I have pneumonia at the moment although not from aspirating food. Trust me, you do not want to get it! grin Best get it checked out

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now