Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

my ears, my sinuses - can anyone tell me what will help

(5 Posts)
chopchopchop Mon 15-May-17 08:33:04

Argh! I have some kind of chronic ear/sinus/something trouble that I just can't shake.

My right ear hurts, gently, all the time, as though it's hot, but the doctors look in it and says it looks fine. Whichever side I sleep on, that ear hurts in the morning. My sinuses ache, on and off, sometimes really badly, and I feel lightheaded sometimes. There's some kind of nasal drip, all the time, that not even steroid nasal spray will shift.

And I just feel ill, like I have some kind of infection - my muscles ache and I've got no energy reserves at all. And this has been dragging on for weeks.

I've tried salt water nasal spray, steroid stuff for my ear, acupuncture - they all make it better for a bit but nothing shifts it for good. If anyone has any suggestions of what will make this better, I will try them, because I can't just keep hauling myself around like this.

MissBax Mon 15-May-17 11:06:03

Nothing to suggest for the here and now, but cut out dairy and it'll change your life forever smile

chopchopchop Mon 15-May-17 13:20:22

The sad thing is that I've been off dairy for a few months and it doesn't seem to have shifted anything.

MissBax Mon 15-May-17 13:50:21

Ahh keep going with it, do you eat much meat??

chopchopchop Mon 15-May-17 20:05:46

not an enormous amount, no!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now