Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Sad and worried, family member poss cancer.

(6 Posts)
thesunwillout Sat 13-May-17 18:40:31

Just that. I've noone to talk to. Really shocked and don't know where else to post. Single mum to one challenging child with mental health illness and I am also long term unwell. Don't want to give too much away, but the family member is the only one we can rely on, and have a good relationship with. This is shit, I am so sad. Right now I feel so mixed up about upcoming possibilities, can't stop searching net, just so tired of crap. This person is only 50's. When I am around this person I find I am looking at them in a different way. What the hell sad is this shock? Is this normal. How am I going to be there for them if I am so weak. Will I rally and become my usual reliable self. It's not even my life threatened here and I don't understand my feelings. Does anyone understand sad thank you

thesunwillout Sat 13-May-17 22:05:21

Anyone about x

ScarletSienna Sat 13-May-17 22:55:33

Initially, you're just faced with bad news and no plans for treatment etc so you must feel helpless as well as sad. Google won't help but it feels like the only thing you can do so you keep doing it. Until there is a plan or next steps it all feels a bit in limbo and that is hard flowers

thesunwillout Sun 14-May-17 08:22:52

Yes limbo is very true. There hasn't been a diagnosis yet but it's very much a possibility. Have you had experience? Thanks for replying X

ScarletSienna Sun 14-May-17 15:47:09

Thankfully not but I have had to wait for referral for a lump in the past and test results (all fine) and it's the waiting part I found hard flowers

thesunwillout Sun 14-May-17 17:27:03

Thank heavens xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now