Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Mums feet 2 different colours - what could this be?

(10 Posts)
Generallyok Sat 13-May-17 17:09:49

Dm told me that she sometimes notices one foot looks slightly darker than the other. She has variocose veins in both legs. Could this be the cause or is it something to worry about? She does stand on one leg often when standing too.

putputput Sat 13-May-17 17:33:50

Would indicate some sort of circulatory trouble. I would get it checked out as can lead to more problems. Are both feet warm?

Generallyok Sat 13-May-17 17:39:40

Always has cold hands and feet but that's not a new symptom

Mymouthgetsmeintrouble Sat 13-May-17 17:43:03

Poor circulation / blockage tell her to see a doctor about it

Generallyok Sat 13-May-17 17:49:34

Could this be from varicose veins?

putputput Sat 13-May-17 18:01:25

Poor circulation also causes varicose veins. So the varicose veins won't be directly causing it but it's all indicative of an underlying problem.

Generallyok Sat 13-May-17 18:05:05

Thanks for your quick replies. She is going on holiday next week. Should she see a GP before she goes ?

CrispPacket Sat 13-May-17 18:07:09

Yes especially if she's flying

Generallyok Sat 13-May-17 18:08:48

No it's a walking holiday in this country just don't want to alarm her. Should I tell to see out of hours then as going away tomorrow

putputput Sat 13-May-17 18:16:41

To be honest out of hours won't really do anything. It's not an emergency and there's no quick fix. I would book a gp appointment for when she's back.
In the mean time she needs to get checked asap if: foot goes very blue/white, very cold and doesn't respond to being warmed up, loss of sensation; or any swelling, pain and redness to back of calf.
She should be careful to avoid any wounds/blisters etc to her legs or feet as these can take longer to heal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now