Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Week long fever without pain - viral?

(2 Posts)
PsychedelicSheep Fri 12-May-17 21:31:04

Last Friday I started to feel hot and itchy and drained,like I was coming down with something and decided a weekend of rest would sort it out. Fever began on Sunday but wasn't too bad.

Went into work Monday as didn't really have an option but fever has gotten worse over the week and I've found it very hard just to get out of bed, just completely wiped out, shivery, the most insane soaking sweats 😷

Thing is I can't see where there would be any infection, my chest, throat and ears etc are ok. No stuffy nose or cold symptoms either.

My thinking is that it's a virus, but is it normal for a virus to last a week with no sign of letting up? I ended up getting some bloods done earlier and am now just trying not to google what it could be blush

I work for the NHS and have a flu jab every winter so don't think it's flu. Anyone heard of anything like this going about? TIA

Starstarbright599 Sat 13-May-17 09:09:45

Urine infection?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now