Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

No stitches after keyhole surgery?

(6 Posts)
meadowlark3 Fri 12-May-17 19:08:10

I've just had a keyhole surgery and changed the bandages. I don't see any stitches on my skin-just a loose cut. Is this normal? Are the stitches below the skin? I don't remember them saying anything about this in hospital...but I didn't expect to see loose holes on my tummy today!

meadowlark3 Fri 12-May-17 20:32:06

Anyone? Is it possible the surgeon forgot to sew them shut? confused

AlletrixLeStrange Fri 12-May-17 20:33:03

They're probably under the cut, they try to do it like this if possible so you won't need them taking out (I used to work in theatre)

BelligerentGardenPixies Fri 12-May-17 20:33:51

I didnt have stitches, the wounds were glued but they didnt look like holes though.

meadowlark3 Fri 12-May-17 21:43:15

Hmm thank you. They just look like cuts but aren't glued..the skin is not stuck together...?

AlessandroVasectomi Sun 14-May-17 14:18:35

I had my colon removed by keyhole surgery. There were 4 'stab' wounds, each about a centimetre long, where they insert the instruments and camera(s) and a wound about 5 cm long
through which the offending article was extracted. All were glued together and healed up beautifully. Oddly enough, 6 years later you can still see the stab wound scars but the 5 cm scar has faded almost to nothing. As others have said, I suspect there were a good deal of internal stitches which just dissolve away naturally.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now