Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What can I do to get well by tomorrow?

(5 Posts)
nigelsbigface Fri 12-May-17 11:12:49

I have had an earache/temperature/ painful chest/cold symptoms/sore throat on and off for about two months now.Had a bad bout for about a week at first, and since then have been ok for four days or so then it comes back to varying degrees for three days, then feel ok again for a bit and so on.
I currently feel rubbish.Head ache, ear ache, sore throat, shivery and just very tired.
It's my friends 40th birthday tomorrow and I have arranged a day and night out for us and 4 other friends. I can't not go and actually I want to bloody enjoy it-we've been looking forward to it for months.
So what I can I do to pep myself up? Any over the counter stuff you swear by? Any old wives remedies? I'm desperate and will try anything at this point!
I'm working from home today so in bed with lots of water and tea and have taken the usual paracetamols which haven't had any effect at all!
Help me wise women (and men) of MN!

loveyoutothemoon Fri 12-May-17 11:33:22

Ibuprofen and paracetamol.

Tomorrow is another day. You might feel much better by then.

ApocalypseNowt Fri 12-May-17 11:35:30

Pineapple juice is good for soothing the throat (has a natural antibiotic in it or something).

Day & night nurse.

Nap this pm.

Hot bath/shower - steam it out.

Hot toddy and an early night.

Hope you feel better (very) soon OP!

ApocalypseNowt Fri 12-May-17 11:36:38

And eat a hot spicy curry or something this evening - best decongestant for stuffy noses!

nigelsbigface Fri 12-May-17 15:05:24

Right I've walked the dogs to the shop and got day and night nurse, some pineapple juice, a curry, and some olbas oil bubble bath. I've got someone coming to view the house at 5 so going to have. To get up and tidy a bit and then go out whilst they are here.Will then take all of the above (and sit in the bubble bath) and when the dd's have gone to their dads later just get in bed with a hot water bottle and hope for the best for tomorrow.
Mind over matter Nigel.

I've also just necked my iron supplements has hadn't taken any this week so no wonder feel a bit more rubbish that usual.idiot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now