Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Removing spot on face

(4 Posts)
AtlantaGinandTonic Fri 12-May-17 10:03:12

Long story short, I was Skyping or Facetiming with my mom and she noticed something on my face that I'd thought was just a freckle. She said I should get it checked as it had a darker spot in the centre. I've seen the GP and he wants to remove it for further testing. My question is... what should I expect with this procedure, if anyone else has had it? GP says there will be a small incision and stitches. The freckle is high on my cheek and near my eye, which makes me think this is going to be a bit uncomfy but I'm assuming it won't be too big of a deal?

Noeuf Fri 12-May-17 10:19:07

I had one frozen and removed from my breast bone and it was totally fine. I think fleshy areas can be worse sometimes.

AtlantaGinandTonic Fri 12-May-17 10:29:10

Cheers, Noeuf. Now just planning on how I'll keep DD2 from touching it and DD1 from worrying about mummy's face!

Noeuf Fri 12-May-17 10:36:12

True but I don't remember it being awful and I'm really squeamish and rubbish at skin/cutting/ stitches stuff so it would definitely be stuck in my mind if it was terrible.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now