Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Umbilical hernia and diastasis recti - my tummy is a mess!!

(2 Posts)
Zo94 Tue 09-May-17 07:30:42

Hey lovelies,
So I went to a clinic and the doctor said that I have hernia and a 4 fingers wide diastasis recti...and horrible skin with wrinkles and stretch marks. I would need a so called tummy tuck but as of now I wouln't be able to afford it. It affects me badly. I feel like I look like a freak and also my lower back is in pain.
I'm wondering if the NHS would help me? Because honestly they haven't even looked at my c-sec scar or my tummy after birth.. I had to figure this out by myself... I feel horrible and not like a woman anymore.. your advice would be really apprechiated.
Thank you.

Bunnyfuller Wed 10-May-17 00:31:24

They'll repair the hernia, but not the recti. I've had 2 hernia operations and the second one they were considering the recti repair (back to back pregnancies, both sections). But that was for medical reasons as basically there is a weakness there now. The second op was a large mesh repair with titanium screws! But I'm afraid my tummy still resembles a cows udder with wrinkles :-/. The NHS can't help for cosmetic reasons, no money for that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now