Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Does anyone buy melatonin online in the U.K. and could recommend somewhere?

(16 Posts)
SwiftAnchor Mon 08-May-17 10:42:12

Just that really, please.

I see it can be bought on eBay, but not sure if that would be safe?

Any recommendations appreciated, thank you smile

SwiftAnchor Mon 08-May-17 14:56:58

aginghippy Mon 08-May-17 15:17:12

Melatonin is a prescription only medicine in the UK. If somebody in the UK is trying to sell it to you without a prescription, they are probably breaking the law and are definitely dodgy.

alwaysme22 Mon 08-May-17 18:56:15

Try Biovea/com/uk.

It's not a uk site but I have bought Melatonin from them. Did'nt take too long to arrive.

alwaysme22 Mon 08-May-17 18:57:02

didn't !!

expatinscotland Mon 08-May-17 18:58:07

Do you know anyone in the US? It's not a prescribed med there, you can buy it in bulk and they can send it to you, just say it's something else.

muckypup73 Mon 08-May-17 19:00:56

Can you not get a peadatrician to prescribe it? you havent a clue what your buying on the internet.

Scootergrrrl Mon 08-May-17 19:01:40

You can buy it over the counter here in the Netherlands. It might be worth searching the Dio website which is the Dutch equivalent of Superdrug as they definitely stock it and might deliver internationally.

BlackAmericanoNoSugar Mon 08-May-17 19:03:50

I buy on Biovea too and they deliver to Ireland.

SwiftAnchor Mon 08-May-17 19:06:43

Thanks all.

It's for my mum - she has a health condition that seems to improve slightly with the use of melatonin according to some trials in USA and with no side effects.

GP won't prescribe as it isn't a recognised medication for the condition.

I'm going to USA in a few months time and hoping to bring some back but was wondering if there was anyway to get some in the meantime. My mum had mentioned seeing it for sale on eBay (looks like American sellers) but I wasn't sure if it would be safe.

dramaqueen Mon 08-May-17 19:12:59

I use Biovea, no problems at all

expatinscotland Mon 08-May-17 19:26:59

You can buy it in bulk in the US, but I'd split it up in your bags.

SwiftAnchor Tue 09-May-17 10:35:46

Brilliant, thank you I'll definitely order some from Biovea then.

And will be sure to split any I buy in America across all our luggage, top tip, thank you! smile

LornaMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 09-May-17 11:12:45

Hi there OP,

We're just popping by to mention that Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns then we suggest you consult your GP.

flowers

differentnameforthis Tue 09-May-17 11:35:14

My daughter's paediatrician recommended Biovea too.

SwiftAnchor Tue 09-May-17 13:31:55

Thanks Lorna.

Brilliant, thanks different, I have signed up for their newsletter to get 15% off also, bonus!! grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: