Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Does this sound like a uti? Unusual symptoms?

(3 Posts)
OhWhatAPalaver Fri 28-Apr-17 16:58:55

Since Wednesday I've been feeling a bit rough, dodgy stomach and tired. Also been going to the loo more often. Every time I wee it feels a bit more difficult than normal to actually go (but I always do go) and feels like the flow is slower than normal and I get the feeling I'm not emptying my bladder properly as I have to go two or three times before I don't need a wee any more. Been to drs today and I have a very slight temp but my sample was clear. He prescribed me cefalexin as I'm breastfeeding and can't have trimethoprim. I said I'd rather wait for lab results as I don't like taking abx unless necessary as I've had an antibiotic resistant uti after having my daughter and had to be admitted to hospital to have IV antibiotics. I'm now going to have to wait till Tues or weds for lab results and I'm stressing out! Has anyone else had a uti like this? I used to get really obvious, painful ones before I had my daughter and not had one since the antibiotic resistant one. I don't think my bladder has ever gone back to normal after having dd so I feel like I don't know what to expect anymore. Thanks in advance.

user1484615313 Fri 28-Apr-17 21:30:00

It does sound like a uti. Especially if you have a temp. Wait for the lab results. try d- Mannose if you haven't already.

OhWhatAPalaver Sat 29-Apr-17 06:47:16

Have just ordered some, thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now