Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Severe gum disease and loose teeth

(1 Post)
clairelee17 Fri 28-Apr-17 11:37:42

Hi all. I'm just wondering if any of you could provide an update on your loose teeth situation after all these years?? I went to the dentist for the first time in years a month ago as I could feel the start of a loose tooth and I was in a terrible state. She said I had gum disease and bone loss, and subsequently booked me in for an advanced clean, however, I've had to wait 4 weeks for this and my mind has been racing ever since. Within the last few days, two more teeth have started to become loose from the gum and again, I'm in an awful state. They're all on the top, and it's my hen do this weekend sad I'm really struggling to eat comfortably and afraid of any more becoming loose. I have my deep clean treatment in 5 days - I have been advised that a few sessions of deep cleans and excellent oral hygiene that the gum disease can be stabilised, but I'm so impatient. Plus, I get married in 3 months, I don't want loose teeth then and afraid by then that the looseness will be worse sad

I just want to know if anyone who had loose teeth and has had deep cleans has found that this has helped to keep the teeth stable at all?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now