Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Just generally unwell, don't know why.

(9 Posts)
beela Fri 28-Apr-17 03:56:12

I keep getting ill and I don't know why. In the past six months I've had several colds, a tummy bug, an eye infection, and now tonight I'm awake because I can't stop coughing.

I usually get enough sleep (apart from tonight!). Since the start of the year I have been making extra effort to eat healthily and I exercise regularly.

I have 2 dc, who are at peak germ sharing age (3 & 6) but I seem to be poorly more often than they are!

I think since the beginning of March it's been a week feeling ok then a week feeling shite - not sure how to break the cycle and get back up to feeling 100% (and staying there!).

Should I go to the gp or would I be wasting their time? Each illness on its own would not merit a visit but I'm worried there is something underlying.

Any ideas?

Sunshineandlaughter Fri 28-Apr-17 07:38:49

Have you tried taking a vitamin d supplement?

Sunshineandlaughter Fri 28-Apr-17 07:39:02

And zinc?

beela Fri 28-Apr-17 10:02:28

No, I haven't. Maybe I need to get a good multi vitamin.

Piffpaffpoff Fri 28-Apr-17 12:54:13

I'm the same. I've just started on a specific ladies vitamin supplement , going to see how that goes.

Sunshineandlaughter Fri 28-Apr-17 17:41:33

I was the same and thought vitamins couldn't make that much diff but having iron and vitamin d have made such a difference. Vitamin d is meant to play a massive role in immune function - get a 1000 one.

beela Fri 28-Apr-17 22:01:01

Dh had a vitamin d deficiency, don't know why I find think of it. Maybe we need a winter sun holiday.... (if only!)

Piffpaffpoff Sun 30-Apr-17 19:20:04

sunshine that's really good to hear - fingers crossed I see similar benefits!

Sunshineandlaughter Sun 30-Apr-17 19:21:46

Give a few weeks before you judge. Fingers crossed!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now