Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Colonoscopy and constipated, typical!

(10 Posts)
CatchingBabies Thu 27-Apr-17 22:55:20

So I've got a colonoscopy in the morning, drank the HORRENDOUS moviprep as instructed, been on a low fibre diet for 5 days and had nothing all day today and yet still not opened my bowels. Typical that I now become constipated!

LosingDory Thu 27-Apr-17 23:01:41

Mine started working after I was drinking the second lot of moviprep, I was convinced it wouldn't work but it certainly will...you wait gin

GiraffeorOcelot Thu 27-Apr-17 23:04:56

Have you had the second dose? It should work although takes different amounts of time for different people.

CatchingBabies Thu 27-Apr-17 23:18:24

Yep first dose started at 5pm, finished by half 6. Then I was supposed to have a break. Started the second dose at 8pm. Projectile vomited loads back up so had a break and drank it slowly finishing at around 10pm. Some twinges and cramps but nothing else. Just drinking loads of fluid now to see if that helps. I want to go bed!

LosingDory Thu 27-Apr-17 23:32:08

Oh

LosingDory Thu 27-Apr-17 23:32:58

Oops posted like I was texting! I would have hoped you'd have started by now, I thought mine wasn't going to start but it eventually did

CatchingBabies Thu 27-Apr-17 23:44:29

Still nothing! Knowing my luck it will start to work just as I'm setting off for the appointment!

CatchingBabies Fri 28-Apr-17 00:39:40

I give up I'm going to bed! Nothing at all, looks like I've starved and drank all that foul stuff for nothing.

BusMum79 Fri 28-Apr-17 00:52:01

Try not to panic. I have UC & suffer badly from constipation now that I'm in - touch wood - decent remission. It often takes AGES for the colonoscopy prep to work for me (and it usually makes me throw up, too). Last time, it worked in spectacular fashion as I got to hospital for the procedure, but at least it did the trick. In the past, I've been given a topical enema at the hospital to get the job done. If you really can't tolerate the taste of the prep (it's so gross & I couldn't keep it down as a kid at all) they can give it to you via ng tube in future. Good luck!

CatchingBabies Fri 28-Apr-17 21:49:38

Sorry for late response. It suddenly worked at 4am so procedure was done as planned.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now