Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Hormone imbalance help

(7 Posts)
Kjs81 Thu 27-Apr-17 21:26:03

Since having my little boy almost 4 years ago my general health has been deteriorating month by month. Severe mid cycle pain along with other symptoms eventually resulted in a laparoscopy a few months ago where mild endometriosis and adhesions were found and removed.

None of my issues have improved however and I'm convinced there's a hormonal issue behind it - I get occasional night sweats, skin and hair are awful at times, bloating and constipation, fatigue, allergies, headaches.....
My GP has done some basic testing but I don't have much confidence in them as she seemed pretty clueless as to variations throughout your cycle. Apparently thyroid was ok too.
I had IVF to conceive my son (unexplained infertility at the time) and really want to try a frozen embryo transfer soon but am reluctant to until these issues are resolved. Does anyone have any experience in hormone imbalances - would it be worth making an appointment to see an endocrinologist privately?

Thanks!

Sunshineandlaughter Fri 28-Apr-17 07:52:50

Have you been tested for ovarian cancer?

EvansGreen Fri 28-Apr-17 09:43:25

go to the doctor and not discuss it here

Kjs81 Fri 28-Apr-17 10:53:31

Really helpful comment @evansgreen. If you even bothered to read the post you'd see I've been to doctors, even had gynae surgery in the last few months. This post was to see if anyone had experience of private endocrinology so do me a favour and take your unpleasantness elsewhere.

Sunshineandlaughter - I've had internal ultrasounds plus gynae surgery in the last few months so I assume anything more sinister would have been detected there?

VimFuego101 Fri 28-Apr-17 10:58:44

I would ask what your thyroid results actually were. Some doctors have an outdated idea of what is normal and will consider a tsh of anything up to 10 ok. More recent guidelines state that if you're trying to conceive it should be below 2. Did they check your vitamin d and b12?

Kjs81 Fri 28-Apr-17 11:14:22

I'm not sure VimFuego - think my best option is to go back to GP and see exactly what was tested that she told me was all "normal" and then take it from there. Might be the case that I need some further tests done that the GP will do.

Sunshineandlaughter Fri 28-Apr-17 17:00:44

I would assume anything would have been picked up but I'm not a dr. Could you ring to ask if this has been specifically excluded? I think you do need to know what they have ruled out.
Agnus castus (sp?) is meant to be good for hormones

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now