Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Mucus in poo

(10 Posts)
Rainbowsandunicorns88 Thu 27-Apr-17 17:40:17

Tmi

I have health anxiety so this has scared me "shit"less. I've poo'd a blob of jelly. Clear but a good 50p size. Wtf is that? I've self-diagnosed all sorts. If it's relevant I've been SO stressed and anxious recently.

Viewofhedges Thu 27-Apr-17 17:45:20

I've no idea but I've been doing this for years and am not dead yet. Don't panic.

startingtolooklikemother Thu 27-Apr-17 17:47:52

And me, still not dead yet (but interestingly suffer with anxiety) hmm

highinthesky Thu 27-Apr-17 17:50:28

I wouldn't be concerned about this. If you've been bunged up it's your body's way of helping things out.

Rainbowsandunicorns88 Thu 27-Apr-17 17:58:18

I get crampy/ibs'y from time to time but this is a first and feck me I thought a baby slug had fallen out my bum.

MsStricty Thu 27-Apr-17 18:09:33

'tis very likely IBS.

gobbin Thu 27-Apr-17 18:18:42

tis very likely IBS
Please don't spout crap like this. It's bad enough that some GPs do this without doing checks for bowel disease.

OP I would monitor your cramps/pains and poo for a couple of weeks to see if it recurs and, if so, think about what you might have eaten or been doing to see if there's a pattern or not.

If it does recur, I'd get checked out. There are many bowel diseases as well as IBS (disfunctional bowel), with a range of successful modes of treatment.

BikeRunSki Thu 27-Apr-17 18:21:06

I get this when I have eaten a lot of rich dairy food.

LightYears Thu 27-Apr-17 18:29:21

I get this when I'm constipated.

LuluJakey1 Thu 27-Apr-17 18:43:13

I had it when my bowel was inflamed after an upset stomach a few years ago. GP said my large intesting was producing it to protects its surface because poo was passing through it quickly and it was sore.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now