Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Feel crap week before period.

(4 Posts)
Snugglepalace Thu 27-Apr-17 09:40:49

I'm assuming it's pms but I'm 44 and until a year or two ago I didn't really suffer from it.
All this about a week before period, I get really, really anxious/panicky/spaced out feeling, ibs/bowels play up, get bad indigestion, feel achy, absolutely knackered and feel I'm dragging myself through the day and a general feeling of 'unwellness!'
I eat well and exercise.
Anyone else feel like this?
Or could it be peri menopausal symptoms given my age?

Coffeetasteslikeshit Thu 27-Apr-17 13:31:09

Sounds like pms to me. I didn't used to get it when I was on the pill, but I certainly do now! I'm also 44 btw.

SlB09 Thu 27-Apr-17 18:32:01

Exactly how I feel, and it has worsened significantly as I have got into my 30's. I was lucky enough to be referred to a gyneacologist and was diagnosed with endometriosis and PCOS, low oestrogen (I did have pain too but main symptoms psychological & generally feel desperately 'ill').
She was really lovely and explained changes like this arn't to be thought of as normal and women shouldn't have to struggle through. Personally I did find magnesium supplements helpful in improving symptoms after a couple of months of taking, and do notice if I dont take it for a period of time. B vitamins are also meant to be very good.
If its impacting your life then see your GP.

nannyafrica Thu 27-Apr-17 20:08:04

This is how was, 45 years of age. Went to doctors said looked like pms but would do a blood test to check menopause. Had a phone call to see the doctor 4 days later who told me I was peri menopausal. Started hrt and feel amazing! I have gone from tablet to patches.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now