Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Chest pain

(8 Posts)
Juliet11 Thu 27-Apr-17 03:57:27

I wonder if anyone can help. I was woken up by one of the children about 30 mins ago and immediately felt a sharp pain right in the middle of my chest between my breasts very slightly to the left. I can relieve it by being in certain positions but it's painful if I move around. I felt odd and dizzy before I went to bed but was hoping it was just PMT. I have slight asthma and some remaining symptoms from pneumonia that I had last. I feel a bit shaky and breathless but not sure if that's due to the pain or PMT/being up and about in the middle of the night?! I've called 111 and they are calling back within the hour but I feel a bit panicked. Anyone experienced anything similar at all?

Coldhandscoldheart Thu 27-Apr-17 06:24:32

Oh dear, I'm sorry no one was up. I hope you're feeling better this morning and that 111 got back to you promptly.

Chest pain should always be seen by medics, but there are lots of things that it can be that aren't a heart attack.

Hope all okay flowers

Juliet11 Thu 27-Apr-17 06:58:25

Thanks so much Coldhandscoldheart. I went against advice and didn't go to A&E as I didn't feel poorly enough to go. I still feel pretty unwell though and pain still there so will go to the docs this morning. If anyone else has experienced anything similar I'd still be keen to hear (at this more acceptable hour!) x

Imnotaslimjim Thu 27-Apr-17 07:13:09

It could be any number of things, some scary, others less so.

If the pain involves your arm or jaw, that is usually caused by a heart issue.

Do you feel nauseous at all? Does it hurt on breathing? Does the pain feel like its going into your back or shoulder blades? Gallstones very commonly kick off at night because the stomach is empty.

They're just 2 examples, there is lots of things it could be. I hope you get an answer quickly. However, if the pain gets worse please do go to A&E. Heart attacks have early warning signs that are often missed or ignored as trivial.

Juliet11 Thu 27-Apr-17 07:48:42

Thanks very much Imnotaslimjim. Doesn't really hurt specifically on breathing. I don't feel at all nauseous and have eaten now and still no nausea. No pain at all near back or in shoulder blades. Still the same so I'm going to get a docs appointment today. Have you hadn't anything similar at all?

ilovesprouts Thu 27-Apr-17 10:06:15

How did u get on ??

Juliet11 Thu 27-Apr-17 13:53:34

All fine thanks so much for asking. She said is sounds like a muscular problem or at worst a virus that affects the cartilage around the sternum which can be painful but nothing worse so mightily relieved. Nothing heart related. Thanks for asking!

Imnotaslimjim Thu 27-Apr-17 15:38:38

Glad to hear a good outcome. Did she mention chostochondritis? My sister had it last year, went to hospital in an ambulance! Thankfully, a week or so on anti-inflammatories and she was right as rain.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now