Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

How to you go from "blah" to normal again?

(2 Posts)
feelingblah Wed 26-Apr-17 16:46:43

I have recently been really struggling with feeling so completely unmotivated. I just don't care. But there are things that I want to care about, but I can't quite bring myself to care or do anything about them.

I have seriously just sat at my desk for two whole days and not done a jot of work. It's not like I've done anything else. No life admin etc. Just faffed around. Procrastinating mainly about things I should be doing but can't be bothered to do.

It's been like this for the last couple of months.

I am not like this with my children btw! Just work.

I have a long-term career that I am bored of, I have a big responsibility as a charity trustee, and I am trying to set up my own business to get me out of the career.

I just want to cry when I think about all the things I need to get done. But then why have I done nothing today! I could have used the last 8 hours to make huge headway in my other responsibilities, even if not doing my actual job, but instead I did nothing and now I have a stress headache and want to cry. I'm just letting everyone down.

I'm also anaemic, so very tired.

Lovely kids, supportive husband and family, no other stresses. So really I'm just being a big baby.

How do I get over this complete utter inertia and start functioning again? Tell me, wise MN!

Freezingwinter Wed 26-Apr-17 16:48:19

I sometimes get like this. I only work pt and I am like it both at home and at work sometimes. (Not all the time! I try very very hard to be a fun mommy!) I think a lot of it has to do with tiredness. Any chance of a day by yourself at home watching films and eating rubbish?! Sometimes you just need a bit of 'me' time. Hot bath, magazine or good book?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now