Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Private MRI now NHS doctor wants to see me

(4 Posts)
AlexSc Tue 25-Apr-17 20:40:50

I'm getting myself worried so hoping you lovely ladies can help.

I had an MRI last week via BUPA as I've been having lots of headaches. I got a call today from my NHS GP saying they want to speak to me about a letter from the hospital?

I thought I'd get a call from the BUPA consultant, not my NHS Doctor??

Any ideas what is going on?

Rinceoir Tue 25-Apr-17 21:09:20

It would be standard that the report would go to your GP whether done privately or on NHS. It's very common for an MRI done for any reason to show an abnormality- most of which are not serious at all. Speak to your GP but definitely don't panic!

AlexSc Tue 25-Apr-17 21:16:38

Thanks - I suppose I was just presuming that I'd get a phone call from the consultant. The GP didn't say I needed to see someone urgently so let's hope it's just a routine follow-up! They were looking for a pituitary gland tumour but googling it seems to show that most are benign so fingers crossed!

titihood Tue 25-Apr-17 21:28:44

You should get a copy of the report sent to you too - sometimes even a CD of the scan itself.

The GP is probably just giving a follow-up call. Try not to worry!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now