Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Sudden incontinence

(6 Posts)
User9876556789 Tue 25-Apr-17 12:00:25

Had to name change for this
Feeling v tired today so went for a catnap had a dream I wet the bed and I had actually wet the bed shock
I've had children but via Emcs so didn't think my pelvic floor muscles would be that bad and never had an issue before
I did 'have' to go to the toilet quite quickly a few days ago also
I don't drink alcohol, I have about 2/3 max cups of tea a day and I'm not taking any medication that would affect me
Any ideas what this could be?
Or is just good old Mother Nature catching up with me (I'm young 30s)

Alyosha Tue 25-Apr-17 12:14:55

I have done this before.

You should probably visit your GP.

However for me it was quite simple. I was dreaming very often that I was going to the toilet and straining to have a pee.

So I started doing something very specific whenever I went to the loo during the day. I look at my hand very fixedly. Now whenever I have a dream about going to the toilet, I look at my hand, and it will look very odd, which prompts me to realise I'm in a dream, wake up, and go to the toilet!

User9876556789 Tue 25-Apr-17 13:20:49

It was weird In my dream I dreamt I'd had an accident but I woke up in my dream and actually hadn't but then woke up and I really had
Not having any problems going to toilet in the day but will start doing something specific like you said.
Thank you

3boys3dogshelp Tue 25-Apr-17 13:22:25

You need to go to the GP I think. You may just have a urine infection causing the urgency (when awake and asleep).

User9876556789 Tue 25-Apr-17 13:30:19

I've to drop a sample off tomorrow so hopefully it's only an infection that can be treated. Thank you smile

3boys3dogshelp Tue 25-Apr-17 14:14:44

You're welcome 😀

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now