Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

IBS constant pains

(15 Posts)
worriedme04 Mon 24-Apr-17 13:42:21

I have had almost constant pains and wind for months,several tests to rule out other problems-Docs decided its IBS.
I dont have any other symptoms related to IBS except the pain-it is pretty much constant and is causing me a lot of worry that this could be something more.(only test I have not had-and docs very unwilling to do-is a Colonoscopy)
Anyone else just have the stomach ache?it can last all day for days/weeks
Then I can be ok again for awhile until it starts all over again.
No real change in bowels-and pain does not go upon using the loo.
I am at my wits end with this.I do not feel like doing anything when I am like this and its not fair on my children.
Tried peppermint tablets and Merbervine-useless!
-Sorry for any typos etc but in pain and just feel like crying and going to bed!

VLCos Mon 24-Apr-17 13:43:23

Have they checked your gallbladder ?

Neverknowing Mon 24-Apr-17 13:47:23

Try buscopan? It helps lots of different things to do with trapped air etc, they're really expensive but it may help and then you'll know smile

worriedme04 Mon 24-Apr-17 14:08:17

Had ultrasound and Ct Scan.
All clear.
I have used Buscopan,do not feel a difference but may try again.
Quite depressed today

VLCos Mon 24-Apr-17 14:29:00

Aw sending hugs I would push for endoscopy and or colonoscopy. I had gastritis and it can cause similar pain xx

zen1 Mon 24-Apr-17 21:05:51

Is the pain located to a particular area?

worriedme04 Mon 24-Apr-17 21:50:36

The pain is usually felt just above my belly button and is constant but can also feel more like a burning/sick feeling?!
I can however at times also feel the pain low down.

worriedme04 Mon 24-Apr-17 21:53:20

I used to get the crampy almost contraction type pains many years ago-usually followed by a BM..This is what I am used to in relation to IBS.
For the last Year or so the pains are now more constant and as described above.
It happens even when I am not having the need to use the loo-everything will be normal yet pains continue.
It does worry me.

Ihatethedailymail1 Mon 24-Apr-17 21:56:06

Had exactly the same, constant pain for a whole year, felt like period pain the whole time.
I was prescribed meberverine and it completely worked. 20 mins before each meal. You can also buy enzymes from Holland and Barrett which also help if I forget the Mebeverine.

I wonder why it only works on some people? Have you been back to the doc?

My sympathies...I lost a whole year of feeling like that.

BusterGonad Tue 25-Apr-17 06:05:33

The contraction pains, do they last for hours and kind hit a crescendo? so they start every 30 minutes then over the course of, let's say 10 hours gradually happens more frequently until you either do a bowel movement or are sick? When they happen does it feel a poo or sickness would cure it and is the pain so bad that not even codeine helps?

BusterGonad Tue 25-Apr-17 06:18:22

The reason I ask is that I have Crohn's and the pain when you have a flare is really really bad, it's like contractions and they keep you up all night, until you either have a poo or are sick or whatever is causing the blockage has unlodged. Have you had a stool calprotectin test done? This will give the doctors the answer they need, it detects inflammation, so if it comes back positive for inflammation it's IBD (Crohn's and the like) if it comes back negative it's IBS or some other gut issue which they'll diagnose. Have they checked you for h-pylori? Another guy issue, I had it, took the meds, no change but then I've got IBD so I can't expect miracles! 😂

BusterGonad Tue 25-Apr-17 06:19:11

Guy issue! 😳 Gut issue!!!

lizzyj4 Tue 25-Apr-17 06:31:32

Have you tried silicol gel? It's completely transformed my IBS symptoms (not gone completely but mostly mild/manageable and flare-ups settle down quickly). I order it online but pretty sure it's available at Holland & Barrett etc., too.

I was never sure if I really had IBS because my main symptom was pain. But once the symptoms started to settle down with the silicol gel it became more obvious that's what it was. (It took a couple of days to make an obvious difference and continued to improve for two or three weeks.) When the pain is bad it tends to spread and you can't tell so easily where it is coming from.

worriedme04 Tue 25-Apr-17 09:59:58

Hi thanks again for all the messages,I have had a lot of tests although did not list them all in my Original post-only thing I have not had is any kind of camera into the Bowel.
Had camera down throat and been tested for H Pylori and Celiac.
Also had Calprotectin test-Neg
I have tried various meds-Probiotics and Peppermint Capsules, Green tea Capsules and Mebeverine and OTC meds.
I tried a Drink which was called Sili-something-cannot remember-it didn't seem to make any difference.
I feel like I have tried lots of things for weeks at a time and nothing really helps.This is why I am so worried and depressed.
Thanks again.

BusterGonad Tue 25-Apr-17 10:22:18

Ah, sorry worried I didn't realize you were the same poster I spoke too before. Sorry I can't help. sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now