Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Pre-menstrual tiredness

(13 Posts)
Piratesandpants Sun 23-Apr-17 13:24:14

I suffer from absolute exhaustion for a few days before my period. It's like the exhaustion I had during the first trimesters of my pregnancies. All I want to do is sleep and eat a lot. I've tried spat one iron supplements but no improvement. My diet is good and I exercise regularly. No other health issues. Can anyone help?

Piratesandpants Sun 23-Apr-17 15:31:58

Bump - hoping I'm not the only one!

TipBoov Sun 23-Apr-17 15:32:48

Yes I'm the same, but no advice I'm afraid!

Piratesandpants Sun 23-Apr-17 15:36:18

Tip - have you come across any advice that perhaps didn't work for you but that I could try?

friendlyflicka Sun 23-Apr-17 15:37:56

Are you perimenopausal? I did at that point.

Piratesandpants Sun 23-Apr-17 15:38:53

Oh... I was really hoping it wasn't a sign. I probably am.

wevecomeonholidaybymistake Sun 23-Apr-17 15:39:55

Same here. I'm due on and absolutely wiped out. And grumpy. And teary. And clumsy.

It's delightful...

pickledparsnip Sun 23-Apr-17 15:43:23

Me too. No helpful advice I'm afraid.

pickledparsnip Sun 23-Apr-17 15:44:04

Not perimenopausal though.

pickledparsnip Sun 23-Apr-17 15:44:24

Not perimenopausal though.

Piratesandpants Sun 23-Apr-17 15:45:20

There must be someone around with some great solutions (hopeful)

friendlyflicka Sun 23-Apr-17 16:22:43

It was only my last few periods before I stopped having them that were like that. But I have found with all hormonal things, the only real solution was to be horrifically healthy - no alcohol or sugar and rubbish carbs, and cut down on caffeine and do some exercise.

I am in the same situation now with exhaustion a lot of the time (I think due to crashed hormones). Had tests - all negative. Started on no fun regime detailed above and 2 weeks' later feel much better. Same before pre-menopause.

After years of suffering from hormones or lack of them, this is the only thing that has worked for me. Not easy to maintain but worth it in a lot of ways.

KanyesVest Sun 23-Apr-17 16:29:23

I find evening primrose oil helps. I get it when I'm ovulating too, and with a 22/23 day cycle it feels like I'm wiped out for about half the bloody month.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now