Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

UTI

(5 Posts)
lovechocolates Sun 23-Apr-17 12:01:48

hey everyone, i just need some advise please? Last week, i felt so unwell, headachey, sick, temperature etc. i went to the out of hours doctors, who diagnosed me with a urine infection. I was totally shocked as i didn't show any normal symptoms, but i felt absolutely awful in myself. I was give a course of a weeks' antibiotics, which i completed. I still felt absolutely awful. I went back to the doctors and found i still have the infection, so another 3 days' worth of antibiotics. The problem is, i am not feeling much better in myself, despite these antibiotics. I still feel sick, headachey and very unwell. Anyone else had a similar experience and is it possible it's something more serious than a urine infection? Sorry for rambling a bit. I just want to get well.

medicinewoman182 Sun 23-Apr-17 12:28:22

Have they taken a urine sample?
And which antibiotics have you been given?

I suffered with recurring UTI's for about 2 years with no obvious cause, and sometimes they would completely floor me, I felt like death!

lovechocolates Sun 23-Apr-17 13:00:12

i'm on trimethoprim 200 mg twice daily. Yes, they have taken a sample and i hope to get the results this week. It has completely knocked me out, but without obvious urine infection symptoms i read about. I did start to feel better, but seem to have gone down hill again. I read everywhere that antibiotics, even on a short course, will clear the infection. i'm just not feeling better tho.

medicinewoman182 Sun 23-Apr-17 13:39:32

@lovechocolates
It may be that the bacteria causing it is resistant to Trimethoprim. It's first line treatment for a UTI, if it's an e-cold infection, which is likely, you will probably be out onto something else, probably Nitrofurantin.

Try Waterfall D Mannose powder or tablets, I had millions of antibiotics and it always came back, but these have saved my life!!

lovechocolates Sun 23-Apr-17 17:58:48

thanks for your replies. i'll look that up. x x x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now