Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone else experience this or know what it is?

(5 Posts)
ClemDanfango Thu 20-Apr-17 09:30:58

Ever since I was a child I've always experienced pain when my skin is pressed or poked, it feels like when you press on a painful bruise except there are no bruises and it's the same all over my entire body.
I can't tolerate my cat walking across my lap or my children's elbows or knees pressing on my skin if they climb on me. I assumed for years that it was the same for everyone but when I ask people about it they have no similar experience or even know what I mean! Is there anyone out there like me? grin and does anyone know what causes it?

ClemDanfango Thu 20-Apr-17 12:41:47

I guess that's a no then? I must truly be a freak 😂

MichaelSheensNextDW Thu 20-Apr-17 13:48:26

Very common in fibromyalgia, where there are more tiny nerve endings and more 'substance p', the transmitter that 'feels' pain.

MsStricty Thu 20-Apr-17 14:00:04

Yes, that's me. I have fibromyalgia. But that doesn't necessarily mean it is fibromyalgia. I'd get it checked out.

ClemDanfango Thu 20-Apr-17 16:23:09

Wow! Thank you for your replies it's fascinating to find people with similar experiences after all these years. I will ask my GP next time I see her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now