Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Copper coil and depression

(4 Posts)
OneGreyElephantBalancing Wed 19-Apr-17 22:31:48

Has anyone noted this link if it exists and had a good result from having it removed?

MajorClanger123 Thu 20-Apr-17 08:41:15

Not sure about copper coil (it's non hormonal isn't it?) but I recently had Mirena coil removed due to (amoung other issues) feeling very low and anxious for no apparent reason. I had the coil for 2 years before I linked those feelings with coil insertion. Could be circumstantial of course, but my low / anxious days are gone since coil taken out.

OneGreyElephantBalancing Sat 22-Apr-17 21:39:03

Thanks. I've heard mirena can have all sorts of side effects.

Yes it's non hormonal copper.

I'm thinking of having it out as I don't need contraception right now though I'd hate to go through having one fitted again if I do!

medicinewoman182 Sun 23-Apr-17 12:31:24

I have the copper coil, because I was very low on any kind of hormones (implant & numerous pills) and I also turned into a monster.

None of these problems with the copper coil because there are no hormones present, so I don't think it is related at all.
Maybe bad PMS?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now