Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Tear & TMI

(1 Post)
UnderTheWave Wed 19-Apr-17 10:52:59

As above, sorry if this is TMI.

I've been with my partner for over 10 years (and been on the same contraceptive pill the same amount of time) and have had a decent sex life. However, I've been finding it painful to have sex for a while now (not sure how long, possibly started in January or February). This has been making me anxious so the amount of sex we've been having has (understandably) decreased.

Recently, I had my partner have a look at my vagina to see if there is anything obvious which could be causing the pain, and he found a small tear at the back of the labia (minora). This is only painful during sex (when I presume it's stretched and reopened), but although we have waited 3 weeks recently between sessions, it doesn't seem to be healing and reopens every time. There is a small amount of blood following sex, but this doesn't continue and the tear doesn't cause me any other problems.

I've googled the issue, but a lot of the responses I've found have been as a result of childbirth and I do not have any children yet. I'm nervous about going to the doctor, probably as I don't know what to expect, so I was wondering if anyone else could share their stories or advice as to what could be done about this? Is there anything I can try before going to the doctor?

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now