Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

My womb feels swollen - any ideas?

(8 Posts)
ProfessorPickles Tue 18-Apr-17 22:25:50

On and off for a while now my womb has felt swollen, for example I am laying on my back on the settee and I'm really aware of my womb.
It feels like there's some sort of pressure in that area, has anyone else felt the same?

I keep worrying I'm pregnant but I've done tests and they're negative (getting more for tomorrow), I'd be at least 3 months gone now and I'm having regular periods.

I have a copper coil if this could be relevant?

I'm worried it's something sinister because it's been happening for quite a while, but then I keep doubting myself and think I'm making it up.

I'm going to try get an appointment in the morning but would love to hear if anyone has experienced the same?

PossumInAPearTree Tue 18-Apr-17 22:28:03

Uti? It could be your bladder. I get pressure sensation when I have an infection. Never get the classic burning, etc.

ProfessorPickles Tue 18-Apr-17 22:33:18

I hope that's what it is Possum, that never crossed my mind!
Is that the only symptom you get?

I had a quick google and the symptoms I have are pressure and feeling exhausted, I've been horrendously tired lately but I've been unsure why. I assumed a deficiency etc but maybe this could be why

alphabill Tue 18-Apr-17 22:35:41

I was aware of my womb recently, especially lying down. I mentioned it to my gp who had never heard symptoms described in such a way. Turns out I had a womb full of fibroids and it was measuring about the size of a 20 week pregnancy. So as my gp said only you know your own body and what's normal for you. I would get it checked by your GP.

ProfessorPickles Tue 18-Apr-17 22:43:42

Were you having any pain alphabill?
Or any other symptoms?
Does it affect fertility do you know?

ProfessorPickles Tue 18-Apr-17 23:02:03

I'm a bit worried now!
I'm a little overweight with a lot of my weight on my stomach so feel embarrassed going to the doctors with anything stomach related.
It won't stop me though, I'll just cringe throughout instead 😬

alphabill Wed 19-Apr-17 18:29:44

No I wasn't in pain, fibroids can effect fertility but they can also been removed. Fibroids can cause heavy periods. Don't worry just get it checked, it's probably nothing.

ProfessorPickles Fri 28-Apr-17 21:02:17

I've been to see the doctor today and they're going to do blood tests and swabs first, then a scan if they all come back clear.

One of the tests is for ovarian cancer and although I know it's highly unlikely at my age it has scared me a little. I got to my car and burst into tears, someone I once worked with has recently found out she is terminally ill with cancer and she's only in her early 30s.

The feeling of pressure has felt worse the past few days and I think that isn't helping that I can constantly feel it too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now