Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Raised inflammation markers on liver

(4 Posts)
carrottopper Tue 18-Apr-17 19:10:49

I went for blood tests last Thurs as I have had constant colds, laryngitis, infections. The results came back today and the receptionist said today the dr is phoning me next Thursday 27th about the results.

Anyone had inflammation markers on liver? What did it mean? I'm really worried

ragged Tue 18-Apr-17 19:34:52

I think inflammation markers are very hard to interpret definitively. No one should try to diagnose you online (esp. without seeing the full set of numbers).

Inflammation markers can elevate for a hundred reasons. Not all of them important. Try not to worry.

Teddy6767 Tue 18-Apr-17 19:48:08

I had this exact same situation last month. Doctor phoned to discuss and told me my ALT levels were raised on my liver function tests. My hepatitis results were all negative so he referred me to the hospital for an ultrasound to see if I had a fatty liver (I'm 3 stone overweight). Nothing showed up on the ultrasound so the doctor now just thinks my blood test was elevated because I'd been poorly a few months before with terrible food poisoning and a bout of the flu. Getting them rechecked again in a few months but he's not concerned at all. Try not to worry as it's very likely to be nothing serious

carrottopper Tue 18-Apr-17 20:09:59

Thank you. I've had so many infections since last June and my lymph glands are up and down constantly.

I have had a lump in my next investigated 19 years ago and the dr said it was a blocked saliva gland. Nothing has been done since but it's never gone down. After all the illnesses recently, and nothing on my record of the saliva gland, I'm waiting for an ultrasound appointment to check it out. I'm panicking that this is all linked.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now