Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What is this? (pic)

(7 Posts)
EssentialHummus Tue 18-Apr-17 10:49:10

I'm trying to avoid wasting the GP's time.

I've had this rash for 3ish months now, since I was a few weeks pregnant. It's incredibly itchy, and flares up badly even if I don't scratch. It migrates a bit up and down my temple. Went away almost completely when I was abroad somewhere warmer, flared up as soon as I got on the plane home.

Any ideas? What can I take for this? It's driving me nuts!

user1491572121 Tue 18-Apr-17 13:52:25

It looks like Seborrheic Dermatitis OP. That often goes near the hairline. You need to see the GP for some good cream to treat it.

lazydog Tue 18-Apr-17 17:50:09

I have something that looks identical, exact same spot, and is itchy, but mines a bit smaller in area. I've had it for over a year but haven't bothered going to the Dr about it because I noticed that mine has a definite cycle, with a brief time, every month, where there's nothing visible there at all, so I just blame blasted hormones and try to ignore it.

If you do get a diagnosis, please let me know what it is grin

EssentialHummus Tue 18-Apr-17 18:14:25

lazy I will let you know! grin

user thank you - I might try the pharmacy as a first port of call. Hoping there's something prescription-free out there.

EssentialHummus Wed 19-Apr-17 14:07:39

@lazydog - spoke to a pharmacist this morning, and was given non-prescription E45 Itch Relief cream, which is so far relieving my itching. Will hopefully be enough to avoid a trip to the GP.

lazydog Thu 20-Apr-17 18:17:25

Excellent! Can you let me know if it makes the redness go away too please? I can tolerate the itching enough to ignore it, mostly, but if you've found a miracle cure, I'll grab some when I'm next in the UK (not sold over here.)

EssentialHummus Thu 20-Apr-17 19:19:30

I think it's getting less red - comparison pic from today attached.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now