Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What the hell just happened?!

(18 Posts)
schrutefarmbeets Mon 17-Apr-17 08:42:55

I've been awake for about 45 minutes just lounging in bed so I don't think it was a weird-waking-up thing.

I just got up to open my blind and as I did it my knees started wobbling uncontrollably and I lost complete control of my hands and arms and legs. It kept going as I slowly fell to the floor and the whole time it happened I was completely confused about where I was and who I was. I looked over at my bed and didn't understand what it was.

The whole thing lasted about 30 seconds. Is this a thing??

ElspethFlashman Mon 17-Apr-17 08:45:52

The only way you would know for sure is to get a CT Brain.

Could have been a TIA, could have been anything tbh. You could go to A&E or a clinic and ask for a scan.

RedandWhiteStripe Mon 17-Apr-17 08:46:44

You need to go to a&e and ask them for a brain scan. Were you in any pain?

Iamastonished Mon 17-Apr-17 08:49:15

Agree with the others. It could have been a TIA or a fit. Was anyone with you?

bugattiveyron Mon 17-Apr-17 08:50:59

You must go to a and e but don't drive yourself there.

cherryberrymum Mon 17-Apr-17 09:08:14

Are u alone?

Call some one and go to hospital asap

JennyOnAPlate Mon 17-Apr-17 09:16:18

Get yourself to a&e op flowers

OllyBJolly Mon 17-Apr-17 09:18:03

Yes, get someone to take you to hospital.

Probably nothing but you need to be sure. What you describe happens to me if I get up too quickly- I have low blood pressure and prone to fainting. DSis has epilepsy and same description applies. You need a diagnosis

flowers

NerdyBird Mon 17-Apr-17 09:18:23

Could be a TIA, my dad had something that was like a TIA but not the same and not likely to recur but he does have to take medication now. Please go and get checked

PollyPerky Mon 17-Apr-17 09:42:20

Possibly low blood pressure and this was a faint.

A TIA is usually a headache on one side and all the symptoms of a stroke- numbness down one side, loss of vision or blurred vision in one eye, slurred speech.

Iamastonished Mon 17-Apr-17 09:47:25

MIL had a couple of TIAs recently but had no headache.

schrutefarmbeets Mon 17-Apr-17 12:54:56

Thanks for your replies - I'm alone but wasn't in any pain when it happened. I guess more like uncomfortable confusion, if that makes sense?

I have historically really low blood pressure so Thought it may be just fainting or something so have eaten + drunk plenty and feel ok.

I haven't heard of TIAs, I'll read up on it now and see if it sounds like what happened. A+E feels extreme but do you really think I should?

GiraffesAndButterflies Mon 17-Apr-17 12:56:04

If in doubt ring 111. "Should I go to A&E?" is pretty much the question it was made for.

schrutefarmbeets Mon 17-Apr-17 12:57:27

Thanks Giraffe, will do that now x

MollyHuaCha Mon 17-Apr-17 13:00:38

Hope you find our what it was flowers

PollyPerky Mon 17-Apr-17 16:37:55

It doesn't sound remotely like a TIA. (This would be one-sided and involve vision and loss of movement and usually a headache.)

It does sound like fainting from low blood pressure which is very common and not dangerous when you get from lying to standing.

GiraffesAndButterflies Tue 18-Apr-17 20:23:52

Hope you're okay OP. flowers

Aquamarine1029 Wed 19-Apr-17 01:15:17

You need to see a doctor. Have them check your potassium levels.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now