Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Help herpes

(1 Post)
threelittlepiggies Sun 16-Apr-17 22:55:02

Hey everyone,

I'm v embarrassed about this but feeling very low and lonely. A few days ago I had intense vaginal itching and some sores around the clitoris. The doctor isn't sure but thinks it could be herpes and I will get the test results back next week.

I'm devastated. I'm married with children and have been with my DH for over 10 years. I have never been unfaithful and neither has he. My doctor says it can lie dormant in your system for over 10 years and that some people never even find out they have it due to no outbreaks. Therefore it will be something I either caught over 10 years ago or potentially if DH suffers from cold sore virus that I caught through oral sex unknowingly.

I am completely devastated and I feel dirty and disgusted with myself that I'm in this position. I'm just looking for some reassurance really. I've been put on aclovir tablets but I'm still itching and in discomfort. I feel so low. Does anyone else suffer? Moral support required!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now