Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Weed killer on skin

(2 Posts)
Generallyok Sat 15-Apr-17 14:03:29

Dh decided to put some round up weed killer on driveway this morning. I hate the stuff and we have tried all sorts of other methods but not been up able to get rid of them. Anyway I stupidly stepped outside in bare feet to throw some food out for birds and got some of my feet. I washed straight away but prone to health anxieties and had a bit of panic as I know it's supposed to be carcongenic. Please calm me down. Feeling bad as I bawled at dh as I didn't want him to use it in the first place.

OhYouBadBadKitten Sat 15-Apr-17 16:51:37

It'll be ok, things that are carcinogenic don't automatically cause cancer, they just raise your risk by a very small amount. Feet are tough and you won't have absorbed any. Most farmers and most older gardeners will have come into regular contact at far higher levels without any health issues.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now