Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Spots on tongue

(13 Posts)
moonchild77 Fri 14-Apr-17 20:50:15

Somebody please help me!
I've got small spots on the end of my tongue, underneath it and on both sides.
They are so painful and annoying, I know mumsnet isn't full of doctors but does anyone have any idea what on earth they could be?
They seem to keep spreading. I only had 2 or 3 yesterday, now I've got a small group of them and more in different places.
I'm miserable!
I've been doing salt water washes and tried bonjela but that really stung.
Any ideas would be great thank you.

PossibiliTea Fri 14-Apr-17 20:58:14

Oh I had this! I did the salt water thing and it did go after a couple of days. Don't google it and just go to the doctors if it's still there next week. It might be a reaction to something you ate or drank (they aren't always instant), sometimes it's stress related or a vitamin deficiency.

I actually used corsadyl and that seemed to help. Whatever I did though it went in about 4 days. It did seem to sting a lot like it got worse before it got better, but I was very run down and stressed at the time.

Sorry if that's not much help! Hope you are feeling better soon!

moonchild77 Fri 14-Apr-17 21:16:35

Tea thank you so much for replying. I've got corsydol in the bathroom. Have been putting off swilling with it as it makes me gag !!
Need to man up and do it.
Thank you.

PossibiliTea Fri 14-Apr-17 21:26:00

It is horrible isn't it! Give it a go it's only temporary, i do feel for you but don't worry it will pass x

Maybe treat yourself with a nice glass (or bottle) or something when it's sorted!

moonchild77 Fri 14-Apr-17 21:28:51

Thanks I have a bottle in the fridge. Once my fat tongue has gone down I'll enjoy it!!

booellesmum Fri 14-Apr-17 21:29:26

Do they feel really painful like little bits of glass in your tongue? I get those occasionally - usually when I've had a virus. They usually go on their own after a few days - thankfully.

Comps83 Fri 14-Apr-17 21:36:36

I have a few now . Sometimes they mean the onset of a cold

moonchild77 Fri 14-Apr-17 21:57:29

@booellesmum yes they are horrible. I feel like a drama queen moaning but it's so uncomfortable.
My dp has been on at me to rinse with corsodyl for days. Time to admit defeat and do it!

booellesmum Fri 14-Apr-17 22:14:05

You are definitely not being a drama queen - they are bloody painful.
Hope you are free from them soon!

Violetcharlotte Fri 14-Apr-17 22:23:11

It could be some sort of allergy? Me and DS both had this a few months back and we narrowed it down to Lidl toothpaste. It got better when we took an antihistamine tablet. Might be worth a try.

PossibiliTea Sat 15-Apr-17 11:01:27

It is horrible and because it's your mouth it's not easy to ignore! I would try all of the above because they def won't make it worse. X

moonchild77 Sat 15-Apr-17 21:27:11

Sorry for not replying earlier. Had a busy day! I used the corsodyl and it worked wonders. Yay!!
Thanks for all your advice.

PossibiliTea Sat 15-Apr-17 22:40:49

Brilliant! Enjoy the rest of your weekend smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now