Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Swollen gland in neck

(4 Posts)
Crankycunt Fri 14-Apr-17 13:54:06

I've had a swollen gland in my neck for going on 4 weeks now.

No other obvious symptoms, except maybe a sore throat inside my throat that'll last half a day. Or a cough that'll last a morning. Or a cold that'll last a day, a fever that'll last a couple of hours...

I am always tired but that's because I'm up at 4:45 most mornings. But I'm tired at weekends.

Mainly it's the gland I'm my throat, left side if that makes a difference. Its large, painful and tender despite taking painkillers.

I know I need to see a Dr and I can make an appointment on Tuesday for a couple of weeks away.

But does anyone have any idea of what this? Or have any idea of how to alleviate the pain in my neck?

Jcee Fri 14-Apr-17 16:59:19

DP had this earlier this year, exactly as you describe. He has a complicated medical history so had a scan on his neck to make sure it was nothing untoward and they said just an enlarged lymph node and probably due to a viral bug hanging around. It has eventually gone away but took a couple of months of rest, paracetamol​ and DP used to put a warm compress on his neck which helped with the discomfort.

I'd still go to GP to get it checked out for your peace of mind

MrsMozart Fri 14-Apr-17 17:02:29

Ditto OP.

I'm thinking viral and haven't been to the doc.

kittytom Fri 14-Apr-17 17:08:54

I had this when I had glandular fever. Some viruses can take three months or more to fully go away.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now