Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone else never ending tummy bug

(6 Posts)
helensburgh Fri 14-Apr-17 00:09:50

I'm on day 5 of a tummy bug. Day 2 my husband phoned gp.and I got anti sickness pills .
Now just the runs but every 10.mins for hours then nothing for4 hours or so.
I have a sample to hand in to see what ingot. But anyone else

Minime85 Fri 14-Apr-17 12:46:17

Get a good probiotic and eat plain food to settle it like scrambled eggs and toast.

Jb291 Fri 14-Apr-17 12:55:08

Sounds like a really nasty case of gastroenteritis. Has anyone around you been ill with this recently? At the minute it's good that you've got anti sickness pills to stop the nausea and vomiting but I'm a bit concerned that you've got quite severe diorrhoea which can be a major contributor to chronic dehydration. Are you keeping up with fluids?? Do you have any abdominal pain or any other symptoms? Stool sample should rule out fungal / parasitic causes.

BeeMyBaby Fri 14-Apr-17 13:24:27

I had an upset stomach for 2 weeks once and lost a lot of weight, went to doctors a couple of times which was not help... if you don't like Imodium then I recommend making apple sauce (fry apple in a little bit of water till it's a paste, don't add sugar) and eat that, as it will help to bung you up and stop the constant need to poop.

PollyPerky Fri 14-Apr-17 13:37:23

Grate an eating apple. let the juices run for an hour or so then eat it all and drink the juice on the plate. The pectin in the fruit should make things firmer. Sounds like an old wives tale but it works.

helensburgh Sat 15-Apr-17 21:34:48

Thanks everyone.
I am today day 7 almost normal!
Hurrah

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now