Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Apologies for the silly question

(4 Posts)
user128057 Thu 13-Apr-17 22:48:13

Apologies if I'm posting in the wrong place but I just want to know if toothache can cause extreme nausea. I have periods of time when I get toothache. It settles down after taking painkillers for a couple of weeks. This time around I feel incredibly sick and I'm just wondering if the 2 could be related. I'm to much of a wimp to go to the dentist. TIA

NK346f2849X127d8bca260 Fri 14-Apr-17 00:00:43

You really need to go to a dentist, you are at risk of getting a tooth abscess, if that infection become systemic you can become extremely ill.
Phone some dental practices and see if any cater for very nervous patients.

smurfy2015 Sat 15-Apr-17 16:48:08

As @NK346f2849X127d8bca260 says you really do need see a dentist,

Nausea could be coming from an infection which is causing the pain or something else

Are you taking anything for nausea when its present? Has this toothache and the associated nausea affected your eating / appetite? have you lost weight as a result of this?

out of interest what painkillers are you taking on those weeks you need them? is it otc painkillers or stronger?

when did you last see a dentist? do you take care of your teeth, gums and mouth

i had a dental phobia for many years, it took time to recover and now im naturally relaxed there so getting to that stage from someone who couldnt pass the premises of nearest place was a personal journey

The extreme nausea could also be coming as a body response to pain from tooth. Do you have any sea bands to use for accupressure point on your wrists to help nausea.

Keep sitting water if you can and take it easy, I hope you will be able to find help and maybe support to see a dentist to stop the pain and nausea

smurfy2015 Sat 15-Apr-17 16:49:23

I meant sipping water not sitting water (sorry)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now