Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

At end of my tether with this

(7 Posts)
HomityBabbityPie Thu 13-Apr-17 14:51:20

I have a one year old and I've never been so ill - everything he catches, I catch and I get it 10x worse than he does. It seems to constantly go to my chest/throat. Only just got over a lingering phlegmy cough I had for AGES and now I've got one swollen painful tonsil 😫

Why is my immune system so shite?? It was never this bad before.

Been to GP, she wasn't concerned.

Tanfastic Thu 13-Apr-17 14:57:20

I remember this with mine, it does improve I promise!

Youdontwanttodothat Thu 13-Apr-17 14:57:26

First see if you need to make some changes to your diet to make you more robust - immune wise . I'm not big on supplements but you might want to think about Seven Seas tonic or something.
There has been a horrible cold thing going around that I now have a remix of. It is a shit time of year for bugs.
However you should go back to your gp if it doesn't get better for you.
It's very wearing and I sympathise.

HomityBabbityPie Thu 13-Apr-17 15:03:41

I eat quite healthily I think though I could do with losing about a stone and I certainly don't get enough sleep.

Youdontwanttodothat Thu 13-Apr-17 15:10:31

Lack of sleep destroys the best of us! And the worst. And everyone in between.

Seriously, a tonic (usually has vits and iron) may help. Or a multivitamin.

Bloody fresh air is wretchedly good too.

Hope you feel better soon.

HomityBabbityPie Thu 13-Apr-17 15:24:22

I have the seven seas multi vitamin actually. I'll take it

AliceKlar Thu 13-Apr-17 18:01:24

DD is like this with her one year old. Just one virus or other infection, after another. I think lack of sleep and the sheer hard work of looking after little ones, can really mess with your resistance to stuff.

Vitamin D can really make a goodly difference to being able to repel colds. I used to get heaps of colds/coughs/bad throats all winter. I was prescribed Vit D to help with hair shedding and haven't had nearly as many things. Didn't twig at all that there might be a connection till my doctor friend said Vit D can really help with bucking the immune system up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now