Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Bugger. I've run out of citalopram

(7 Posts)
mymatemax Wed 12-Apr-17 23:16:22

Am I going to feel rubbish? I went to open a new strip thus morning only to realise I don't have any more. I meant to go to the docs today to get a repeat & life took over & completely forgot. Tomorrow evening is the earliest I can get some more.
Will I feel awful tomorrow after missing two days?

twolinesplease Wed 12-Apr-17 23:25:47

I often feel low a few days after missing a dose, sorry this may happen to you but hopefully not.
If for any reason you can't get a repeat prescription tomorrow I've found that my local pharmacy who usually dispense for me will give me 2/3 days worth in advance and deduct them from the prescription when I get to hand it in. I've found it a life saver as I'm always forgetting to to refill my prescription I'm good time.
HTH

mymatemax Wed 12-Apr-17 23:28:08

Thanks, fingers crossed the doctor will do a quick repeat as its a long weekend. I really should be more organised

frazzled3ds Wed 12-Apr-17 23:32:05

Ask your pharmacist if they offer a repeat prescription service - quite a few do now - when I was on citalopram they'd sort the repeat for me and message to remind me to collect it.

I missed a couple of days and was ok, fingers crossed for you!

KurriKurri Thu 13-Apr-17 11:49:45

I did the same over Christmas - I rang the docs and the receptionist put through a quick repeat for me to pick up that day (normally they take 3 days here) so that's worth a try.

KurriKurri Thu 13-Apr-17 11:50:27

Oh just seen you posted yesterday - hope you got your script.smile

mymatemax Fri 14-Apr-17 10:11:49

Thanks all. I'm now fully restocked & feel ok

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now