Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Poss heart murmur and feeling breathless

(3 Posts)
JeffyJeffington Wed 12-Apr-17 21:56:58

Been getting tightness in chest recently (always at rest and no pain, just tightness and a bit breathless for a few mins every So often) and went to dr yesterday. I half expected to be told i was imagining it but she listened to chest and said she could hear a slight murmur so said as a precaution i should get an x ray, ecg, blood tests and reversibility check. I've started booking all those things but wondering how concerned i should be? Just got the feeling again just now and felt a bit more breathless than previous times and even a bit faint/dizzy. But perhaps I'm just a bit worried/anxious? Anyone else experienced similar? Obviously i know i just need to be patient and get tests done and back to dr.......! In good health otherwise and early 30s.....

TheSpottedZebra Wed 12-Apr-17 22:33:18

Heart murmurs can just be nothingy. I've had a million and one medical tests and treatment for various things throughouy my life. And then one time, a dr said something like - when did you last get your heart murmur checked?

Huh? So yes, it seems I had one, and it had never been commented on. I had to have further tests, but it turned out it was mild, and didn't really have any impact. I have it regularly checked but all is fine.

Obviously I don't know anything about your situation, but it can be ok. I hope yours is too. The waiting and the worrying are awful though.

Oddly, the next week, my adult cat also got diagnosed with a heart murmur too.

JeffyJeffington Wed 12-Apr-17 23:11:46

thanks for your reply zebra it's really reassuring that it can be no big deal at all. I'll just keep an eye on the breathless feeling- i kind of hope it does turn out to be a but psychosomatic/symptom of anxiousness!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now