Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Sorry TMI..... Nipple leakage!

(12 Posts)
user1469751309 Tue 11-Apr-17 23:00:45

Just wondered if any of you other lovely ladies have had this. No boob pain or any lumps ect but both nipples leaking like a colostrum like fluid but I was sterilised due to serious health implications on my last two pregnancies so can't be that and I'm too embarrassed to go and see the Gp or even feel I should be going as it seems like a bit of non issue especially as there is no pain! Any advice welcome blush

user1469751309 Tue 11-Apr-17 23:04:43

Shameless bump.

nappyrat Tue 11-Apr-17 23:31:24

Seriously?! You're too embarrassed to see GP?!?

That's what they're there for.

Go.

pinkoneblueone Tue 11-Apr-17 23:35:22

I would go get it checked out, better to be safe on this

Tiggy78 Tue 11-Apr-17 23:41:24

I have it. There's a name for it that escapes me right now. Funnily enough I used to have to check for it but since having a cyst drained on my ovary I can see some stains on my bra where I'm leaking a bit. I mentioned it to the doc and he said to keep an eye on it. The consultant I saw when I first noticed it did tell me that some women can leak through their clothes.
There are a few things that can cause it so best to get checked out to see.

Tiggy78 Tue 11-Apr-17 23:43:13

My kids are 11 and 13 btw and I first noticed it when my youngest was about 6 months. I had breastfed for two weeks, expressed one feed a day for 4 more weeks and then stopped. I took a notion one day to see if i still had milk and discovered it then.

Aquamarine70 Wed 12-Apr-17 05:12:35

You need to get your Prolactin hormone levels checked as it could be that. Are you on any medications such as an anti depressant? That can cause breast milk. Best to see the Dr.
I had breast milk in one side & it was an introductal papilloma. I had a small breast lump but only noticed the breast milk. I had it removed. They said if left they can turn cancerous.

flumpybear Wed 12-Apr-17 05:20:54

Go to the doctor - it's probably nothing. Doctors don't care, honestly!!! I work around gastro doctors daily and they're always talking pop, bottoms, constipation, anal leakage - you name it - doctors have literally seeen it all - it's nothing to be embarrassed about
Go, go today, don't leave it and worry as it's probably nothing but does need a doctor to check you

BusterGonad Wed 12-Apr-17 12:32:18

Get it checked out, seriously, what's with the embarrassment? It's one of the things to get checked out over. Probably nothing but why risk it?

user1469751309 Wed 12-Apr-17 21:30:03

Thanks for all the replies I have made an appointment with the Gp for tomorrow pm. Considering I've had two kids the embarrassment is stupid but I'm just hugly body conscious.... Need to get a grip! Thanks again for the replies

smurfy2015 Thu 13-Apr-17 08:34:29

@Aquamarine70 as you say for op to get prolactin levels checks

hyperprolactinemia

i had this about 20 years ago in both breasts, i wasnt preggo,

i was expressing a lot of milk a day (sorry not sorry tmi) but still ended up with mastitis

the day i went to gp first as she went to examine milk squirted in her eye i was horrified

greathat Thu 13-Apr-17 08:37:09

You need to see a GP, sooner rather than later

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now