Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is this too much weight loss over 3 and a bit months?

(4 Posts)
littlemissneela Tue 11-Apr-17 14:13:19

Basically, I have lost approx 2 stone since early December. To start with I had an issue with eating (I couldn't swallow food due to a sudden onset of anxiety) but over time I have got back to eating more. But I have lost this weight, and not really been careful about what I have been eating, or exercising any more than before.
So, is this a worrying amount of weight to lose and should I see a gp, or should I wait a bit more, to see if it starts to gain, or still goes down? I do need to lose weight, but not if there is a possible underlying issue.

summerfling Tue 11-Apr-17 14:15:35

If there's no reason for the weight loss then see gp, if you haven't been eating then that'll be why.

Wait to see if you gain/maintain.

Viperess Tue 11-Apr-17 19:37:34

In 4 months you have lost 2 stone. That's 28 pounds. So 28 / 4 is 7lbs a month, or just under 2lbs a week. A lot of people would lose that if they cut back quite a bit.

That would be considered fine. How old are you?

Ecureuil Tue 11-Apr-17 19:40:42

If you've lost it because you've been eating less then I'd say it's fine. If you've been eating the same amount as usual and lost it anyway then I'd see a GP.
I've lost that amount in a similar time frame before, when I was trying to lose the baby weight.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now