Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is it OK my heart is beating fast?

(7 Posts)
MegGriffin Mon 10-Apr-17 22:03:59

Short story I have chronic back pain, I take 10mg amyltriptaline, solpadol- between 2-6 a day amd the occasional 2mg of diazepam. Yesterday I took 6 x solpadol, 1x amyltriptaline. Today I have only taken 2 paracetamol this morning as I really really wanted a couple of glasses of wine which I had between 5 and 6pm. My heart is beating really fast, around 100-110 as I am laying on the bed. I also have some heartburn which I have taken 2 rennie for. Does anyone have any suggestions why this might be happening? I know it's a tall order. Also is this OK to ignore? Thanks

Snafflebrain Mon 10-Apr-17 22:11:03

I'm in no way qualified but I had the same a few nights ago after a few drinks - and I don't really drink these days. I didn't feel drunk but my heart was racing and I had to sit up as lieing down made it sound louder. It did eventually pass and my DP (who is a hcp) just said it was the alcohol. Perhaps it could be the alcohol causing the same for you?

MrsLettuce Mon 10-Apr-17 22:13:10

It'd probably be best to call 111 and say what you said in your OP.

Has the rene helped at all? How long has it been going on?

MegGriffin Mon 10-Apr-17 22:13:27

Thank you for your reply Snaffle, yes I think it might be as I dont feel ill at all.

MegGriffin Mon 10-Apr-17 22:17:16

Its been going on about an hour or so now Mrslettuce. I have just checked again and it has gone down a bit to 91. I will phone if it doesnt settle soon. I feel ok, just a bit of acid heartburn. Rennie helped a little.

Madeyemoodysmum Mon 10-Apr-17 22:17:18

I have a reaction if I mix alcohol and some drugs and my heart races too.
110 isn't too high. Rest and see if improves. If not ring nhs

MegGriffin Mon 10-Apr-17 22:21:33

Thanks all, will settle down and ring if no improvement.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now