Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Blood abnormal for two years

(4 Posts)
Crazylou Sun 09-Apr-17 14:25:31

Since I had c-section, I have been anemic every time I come off iron pills my level drops dramatically, I now have abnormal liver results showing high, to be monitored every month, has anyone else experienced this, I eat healthy make my own foods so don't understand how am always anemic

MichaelSheensNextDW Sun 09-Apr-17 19:34:41

Either you're not absorbing properly which can be a sign of coeliac disease, or you're losing too much every month with periods.

NeonGod73 Sun 09-Apr-17 19:36:47

Drinking lots of tea, coffee doesn't help either.
The other day someone posted here about ferritin levels. Maybe you should google it.

Crazylou Sun 09-Apr-17 20:09:59

Thanks I callopsed January last year and was admitted for tests gynaecologist and gastroenterology I had burst cyst on ovary but they also investigated inside as they thought I had colitis/Chrohns but they were normal also coealic was normal last year, I don't drink coffee, barely drink tea, and my periods are never heavy or last long, so I don't understand why it's always low will be discussing it more with doctor as I don't understand how my liver levels are rising, thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now