Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Night sweats after pregnancy

(8 Posts)
AmyZak Sun 09-Apr-17 10:43:44

Had my lg 16 weeks ago and since having her, mostly every night I seem to have a night sweat which results me waking up in a puddle of sweat, my hair soaking and my pjs. Has anyone had anything similar?

DomesticAnarchist Sun 09-Apr-17 10:47:37

Yep. With both DCs. So gross! So glad that's over! It's very common, I think.

countingdown Sun 09-Apr-17 10:49:31

Yes and it was hideous. Hated waking up in a puddle. No advice for you, other than putting a towel on the bed so you don't feel you need to strip the sheets in the night.

Candlefairy101 Sun 09-Apr-17 17:18:58

I am 13 months on from having my last and I still have night sweats. I have told the gp but they just brush it off.

bastedyoungturkey Sun 09-Apr-17 20:26:57

Yes, I remember having these too. Except I was breastfeeding too so would wake soaked in sweat and breast milk. I spent much of dd's early life smelling like curdled cottage cheese. It was vile.

MajorClanger123 Sun 09-Apr-17 20:56:52

Yes had this after all 3 of my babies. First time it took me by surprise and I didn't know if it was normal, until I met up with my antenatal friends and they were all experiencing it too. Funny how all the pregnancy books don't tell you this fact hmm. I assumed it was all that built up excess fluid I accumulated in my ankles leaving my body. I agree with sleeping on a towel, helped massively. Congrats on your new baby xx

Le1890 Sun 09-Apr-17 22:27:10

Hi yes I had them for months after my first and second baby. I still had them when my son was 11months. I've just had another baby six months ago and instead of nightsweats I was waking up ice cold and chittering. Very strange. It went away after about 4 months.x

lilydaisyrose Sun 09-Apr-17 22:29:44

Yes my baby is born 16w this week and I have exactly this! I smell like breast milk and hot sweat every morning - curdled cottage cheese is a brilliant descripion!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now