Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Everything went green

(9 Posts)
user1489269570 Sun 09-Apr-17 04:03:04

So I woke up earlier on and everything was green, it was like blotches of green in my eye sight I started panicking,heart racing like mad I feel really anxious now,I'm scared I'm going to go blind or something 😭
It went away moments later.
I'm almost 26 years old.
Anyone know what this might be?
Thanks

IvyLeagueUnderTheSea Sun 09-Apr-17 04:05:21

Could've been an optical migraine?
I get them. It's like having little patches of neon lights in your vision.

Aquamarine70 Sun 09-Apr-17 14:26:35

It could be a migraine aura. hsve you got a headache now? Best to get checked out though.

SnookieSnooks Sun 09-Apr-17 14:28:12

No idea, sorry! Hope you find a solution quickly. Please tell us the diagnosis.

sadie9 Sun 09-Apr-17 14:33:58

If you wake up suddenly in the dark you can 'see' things in front of your eyes for a few minutes. I don't think it is anything worrying if it went away quite soon.
You might also get this if someone turned the light on in the room where you were sleeping and you opened your eyes suddenly.

user1489269570 Sun 09-Apr-17 16:22:22

My other half had the tv on, and I woke up suddenly and it was all green blotches. It went away after a min or less, can't remember if it went away because I closed my eyes... I'm going to phone the doctors tomorrow and see what they say, thanks guys x

LozzaChops101 Sun 09-Apr-17 16:23:19

I used to faint quite a lot and things would go green and blotchy just beforehand, low blood pressure a possibility?

user1489269570 Sun 09-Apr-17 19:34:54

I do suffer from low blood pressure, I did throughout my last pregnancy 3months ago. But I've never experienced that before ;(

sadie9 Sun 09-Apr-17 21:36:40

Was the TV on and the rest of the room was dark? If so, that would probably account for it. If you suddenly woke up, looked at the TV with everything else dark, then when you look away, there would be coloured blotches in front of your eyes.
Which would be the TV screen image still on your retina for a few moments.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now