Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Sweating profusely - any cures?

(2 Posts)
newname999 Sat 08-Apr-17 16:03:07

I suffer terribly from sweating mainly on my head. My hair gets so wet you'd think I'd just had a shower It's making me very self conscious and uncomfortable. It can happen anytime - sitting reading or out shopping, walking. There's no pattern. I am overweight (have started walking to try and start losing weight) and peri menopausal and GP says it's menopausal hot flushes. I've tried medications- propranolol, fluoxetine, hrt, clonadine and sage tablets. Nothing works. I think there's more to it than the menopause but am struggling where to go next. I did some shopping this morning and by the time I got home sweat was pouring down my face and hair was soaking and I'm panicking that if I'm like this now what will I be like in the summer!

Does anyone have any miracles cures/remedies for this. Will try anything as it's really starting to get me down. Thank you x

KingIrving Sat 08-Apr-17 20:48:35

Botox injections have been proved to work. I would recommend you film yourself and go back to GP to escalate to the next level of care.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now