Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Has anyone tried laser for stress incontinence / vaginal rejuvenation (eg Gynelase)?

(1 Post)
miniella Sat 08-Apr-17 12:25:47

Hello all,

I have had a horrendous birth which has left me with bad stress incontinence. I started physiotherapy 6 weeks after the birth (privately to make it happen), and over the past year I have done a mixture of regular physio sessions + daily electric stimulation at home + pelvic floor exercises. I have had some progress and the incontinence is no longer as bad as it was, but I still can't run or jump and after nearly a year of doing all of this I am frankly sick with it. I used to exercise a lot and I find this problem really depresses me and impacts my enjoyment of life!

Anyway, I am now considering surgery but I have learnt that there exists laser therapy (Gynelase / Thermiva) that can be used to tighten the vaginal walls and cure mild to moderate stress incontinence. I was wondering if any one had tried this and if it had been effective? Personally I am more interested in the effect on incontinence than any aesthetic/sexual benefits (basically I don't want to wear f** tenas any more) but I would really be most grateful for any testimonies of anyone who has tried it. Thanks in advance!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now