Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Lower Leg Pain

(3 Posts)
OakCat Fri 07-Apr-17 21:36:48

For the past two months my lower legs constantly ache. It feels like my bones are screaming-I know that sounds weird but it's the best description I can come up with. Hot water bottle at night helps to get some sleep but wake up with ache in the morning.

I am quite overweight but not much change in weight recently although I do feel tired and have developed breathlessness.

Went to docs and is trying to fob me off with anti depressants(?)! My mood is a little low but I feel it's just trying to juggle stressful job and a toddler plus being in pain all the time.

Any idea what it could be. I'm 45 btw. Thank you.

purplecoathanger Fri 07-Apr-17 21:38:42

You could be low in calcium, vitamin D3 and or magnesium. Try taking a supplement.

SlB09 Sun 09-Apr-17 18:00:50

Lots of things to rule out so would expect a routine screen of bloods to check for common things. I actually get this when im aneamic, restless leg syndrome, the only thing that helps until my iron levels are back to normal is rubbing vicks onto my knees and shins! Weird I know but it bloody works!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now